Cell Phone Tracking
When it comes to cell phone tracking, perhaps you’re considering it as a way to safeguard against losing your phone. Perhaps you want a cell phone tracker so that you can keep a better eye on what your children are doing or where they are. Or maybe you want a way to keep track of where your employees are, via their employee cell phones.
Regardless of why you want a cell phone tracker, the truth is that cell phone tracking can help make the world significantly smaller for you. No longer is mapping software confined to vehicle GPS tracking systems; the truth is that with the right combination of software and hardware, you can track nearly anything—and cell phones are no different. Now let our experts at GPS Tracking Review provide you with some helpful information when it comes to cell phone GPS tracking and GPS technologies!
Does Cell Phone Tracking Really Work?
Okay, so now you know how cell phone tracking works. But does cell phone GPS tracking really work? That is, does it do what you need it to do?
Truthfully, it depends a fair bit on what you’re asking from your cell phone tracker.
Consider these 5 best reasons to use a cell phone tracker.
Top 5 Reasons For Using Cell Phone GPS Tracker
- Employers can track their employees. With the important caveat that this cannot be done legally without consent unless the phones are also owned by the employer, it’s worth noting that for employers who may have trouble tracking their mobile employees while those employees are on the job, cell phone tracking can be a great way to keep track of where everyone is. Of course, whether or not this helps with employer-employee trust is a wholly different conversation, but there may be instances where an employer wants this capability.
- You can track down your phone if it goes missing. If you have a cell phone tracker installed on your phone, you can use the web-based side of the app to find your phone if it goes missing. This can greatly assist in recovering a phone should it be stolen or lost.
- You can stay connected with friends or loved ones while doing group activities where you might be separated. For instance, if you visit an amusement park with a group of friends, you can use cell phone tracking to keep track of where the rest of your group is should you become separated.
- Parents can keep track of their children’s’ locations and activities. Even if this isn’t a feature you need to check very often, simply knowing that the option exists can be cause for relief. If your child is late coming back from a friend’s house, for instance, being able to see where their phone is and that they are on their way home can alleviate a great deal of worry.
- It might save you in case of an emergency. If you happen to get stranded somewhere or lost in the backcountry, your cell phone’s location may end up saving your life if loved ones know how to search for it and can alert authorities as to how to search for your phone.
As noted before, however, ensure that you are using a cell phone tracker legally; tracking someone without their consent, for instance, is not legal.
Cell Phone GPS Accuracy
When it comes to cell phone accuracy, the model of your phone can actually make a pretty big difference. For older phones, the accuracy may be within a dozen meters (close to 40 feet) or maybe less. That’s not bad if you just need to know the general location, like if your kid is at school or playing hooky, for instance.
With some newer phones, however, the GPS accuracy just keeps getting better and better. For instance, Broadcom is supposedly making a new chip that can be accurate within a foot, compared to the three to five meter (10-16 feet) range that is most common in current phones. And given that there are now thirty satellites that support the new chips, people living in areas where accuracy can be a problem (such as in dense urban areas, for instance) should see a marked improvement with the new chips.
There are also a few things you can do to improve your phone’s GPS accuracy, too, so the cell phone tracking can better perform. For instance, you can activate high accuracy mode in your GPS settings. While it eats up battery life more quickly, updating your setting will result in greater GPS accuracy.
Similarly, you can download and use a compass app to recalibrate your GPS, which can also help your GPS function more accurately. Lastly, make sure you have good satellite reception by ensuring that nothing would block your cell phone’s signal from the GPS satellites. In general, you’ll get better reception outdoors, but even just making sure you’re not standing next to a big metal object, for instance, can help.
GPS Tracker for Cell Phone
But what if you just want the option of cell phone tracking and don’t need anything fancy? Fortunately, there are still plenty of options available if you aren’t looking for fancy bells and whistles or don’t need to keep your tracking secret.